Wednesday 25 April 2012

How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?


How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

The construction of my documentary and final Media product we used the software Sony Vegas. I have put a tutorial on my blog which I found very helpful when first using the program. The reason for us using Sony Vegas was the fact we felt it was easy to use compared to alternatives like iMovie. However at first I found it a challenging to use, but after watching videos on the program and having a look around different options I soon got used to it. The ability of using software that I know more about is the fact it is easier to edit/change footage and manipulate it in the way that you wanted it/planned for.


Within the group I was in we indicted each other with different areas of research to. Personally I looked at how the structure was built in The Amex.  I used the internet to find the information and referred it with a number of sources. I was also very lucky because I have a friend who`s mum helped design the stadium; this really helped as I could mention things that wasn’t on the internet searches. The other information we looked for was statistics, facts, images that maybe we could use within the documentary and also clips that we could include to fill up and back up points made within the documentary. By researching these things before creating the documentary it allowed me see what information/footage I had available to edit and construct with.

The Blogger website I am currently using to upload my content on at the moment has allowed me to keep all the research and content together used the blog to show concerns, changes,  planning and to show myself evaluating documents. It showed the progress made from planning to the final product.

Below is some websites where I got some of my information from:
  1.   http://www.amexstadium.co.uk/facts
  2.   http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?201339-The-Amex-Facts-and-Figures

These sources were also referred back to websites such as Wikipedia and the official Brighton and Hove Albion website to check if the information I found was correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment